Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current TAL based mantis authorization wait time frame

Hi,

I am posting here specifically bcoz many here I suppose would be working or related to technology alert list and must have obtained a 221g for further security processing.

I am an Indian studying PhD in Italy and unfortunately my topic happen to be TAL since its a very broad list almost all engineering fields falls under it. But my research is completely public and previously I have worked at an university in India.

I had my marriage based immigration visa interview more than 1.5 months ago in Italy after which I was placed under administrative processing and issued a 221g and made to submit my CV with list of publications and so on and was told that it could take upto 60 days. After 30 days we did an inquiry through email about the status, since here in Italy the consulate reply the very next day to almost every email. We were told that my application is still under going processing and would tale another 3 to 6 months. The problem is I graduate in a month or two and may not be able to linger here that long as I am on a student visa in Italy.

Can you'll tell me if anyone here is or was recently put on administrative processing bcoz of research or TAL related grounds. and If so whats the status and how long did it take to get the visa? Most of the threads I have found were written in 2012 or 2013, So maybe the wait time frame has changed in 2 years.

Thanks.

W

Yesterday got a status update but being easter monday it was a public holiday in italy, so i figured out that someone touched the application in DC. Today on 7th April got a approval email from consulate and in few hours status changed as issued. It took 49 days. I did a lot of reading in the past few weeks and even drew graphs with the data from these trackers. most cases take 45 to 55 days if it goes over 65 days those cases happen to run for even 2 years. I would request people to update their trackers. Remember it helps the people after you to know where they stand. Good luck to all.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X