J-1 visa waiver confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-1 visa waiver confusion

Hi there, I am a J-1 scholar currently applying for J-1 visa waiver. I have received all the three NORI forms and affidavit duly signed and attested from Indian consulate in NY (stage I) and now I need to send them to respective place in India, namely central home ministry, passport office and department of home of the state. I am clear on the first two but it is the latter that is confusing. I have lived and done my entire education in Delhi (schooling, bachelors, master and phd) but recently my parents shifted home to Ghaziabad making my permanent residence state as UP!! Now I am confused which state should I send my NORI form too... I am scared to send it to wrong state as it will take forever to figure out!! I was wondering there would be many ppl like this who lived in NCR region and did their education from Delhi and wondered where did they send their NORI form?
    Please help...its urgent and no one is giving me answers
    thanks
    Anupriya
    Last edited by anupriya2103; 12-07-2011, 09:22 AM. Reason: to add more information

You need to send it to Delhi.

Just because your parents moved to UP automatically does not change any residence for you in India.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

hey do you what needs to be done to apply for J1 waiver from india??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X