Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage certificate

Hello
    I have question on marriage certificate for US visa. I have been living in US for almost 2 years on a J-1 visa. I had recently got married and am planning to apply for US visa for my wife. We had a christian wedding ceremony in a church. I read in US consulate and immigration websites that if we submit the marriage certificate issued by the Church will be sufficient proof of marriage. Should we have to submit the marriage certificate issued by the Government? Here is the extract from US consulate website:

"If the parties are married in a Christian, Muslim, Parsi, Jewish, Baha’i or other religious ceremony, the certificate issued by the religious authority (e.g., the church’s marriage certificate, the mosque’s nikah nama, etc.) generally is sufficient proof of marriage, and no certificate from the marriage registrar is necessary."

Is this true?

Thank you for your help.

James

Whatever the U.S. consulate says is true.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

you are asking too late

if you have already one year for marriage and now you are asking about the marrige certificate then you are applying late to it.

Comment

i'm a citizen os us and now i 'm applying for my parents they need their marriage certificate in english now they have translated the certificate in english but what should they do of the signatures which the original one have on it vakeel and witnesses

Comment

A translation should just reference non-printed entries with a succinct description, i.e., "signature of mother," etc.

--Ray B

Originally posted by batool100 View Post
          i'm a citizen os us and now i 'm applying for my parents they need their marriage certificate in english now they have translated the certificate in english but what should they do of the signatures which the original one have on it vakeel and witnesses

Comment

Nikahnama or marriage certificate

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X