Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Approved I129F(Fiance) be used for K3 if married by the time it was approved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Approved I129F(Fiance) be used for K3 if married by the time it was approved?

Hello All,

Hope you're all having a wonderful holiday season.
    I need some advise here on using an approved I129F petition for K3.

I had filed for I129F (Fiance K1) for my fiance in May 2012 for her to come over and get married in US. While the petition was still in process (was taking longer than expected time), we got married on December 9th 2012 in India. On December 10th 2012, I-129F (Fiance) got approved.
    After filing an I130, can I use this approved I-129F petition along with I130 NOA1 to bring my wife to US on K3 visa to wait for I130 processing?
    I reside in US and my wife is currently in India.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Raghav
    Last edited by ra1482; 12-28-2012, 11:15 AM.

No, since you got married the approved I-129F is no longer valid.

Originally posted by ra1482 View Post
    Hello All,

Hope you're all having a wonderful holiday season.
    I need some advise here on using an approved I129F petition for K3.

I had filed for I129F (Fiance K1) for my fiance in May 2012 for her to come over and get married in US. While the petition was still in process (was taking longer than expected time), we got married on December 9th 2012 in India. On December 10th 2012, I-129F (Fiance) got approved.
    After filing an I130, can I use this approved I-129F petition along with I130 NOA1 to bring my wife to US on K3 visa to wait for I130 processing?
    I reside in US and my wife is currently in India.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Raghav

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X