1-129f UK-USA please help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-129f UK-USA please help me!

Hi Im trying to gather all of my information for the form but i cant get my head around it if anyone has done one before and been approoved please could you help me out. I could call you to talk on the phone if possible i have international calling plans on my phone. Im so desperate to be with my partner. I would really like to get it done this week and sent off.

Elizabeth Wyatt (19 FROM England)

There are numerous people on this forum who have gone through that process. Feel free to post questions.

Comment

1-129f UK-USA please help me!

Visit the following link and if you still have some questions/concerns, feel free to post them here and we'll be happy to help you out:

https://www.immihelp.com/k-visa-fiance-visa-usa/

Hope the above site helps answer most of your questions/concerns. Good luck.

Comment

Hi Elizabeth

Congrats on your engagement! :-)

My fiance and I got engaged in June of 2012. We filed for a I-129F (K-1 Fiance visa) in mid-August and JUST received our approval last night in the mail. :-/ So you should anticipate a wait. (My fiance also lives in the UK btw)

I think you may also need more than a week--it took us a couple months to get all the paperwork together. You'll need:

Payment in the amount of $340.00.

A coverletter explaining the documents enclosed. We separated everything behind the I-129F with numbered tabs and just provided a list on the cover.

I-129F Application

Two (2) completed G-325A Forms and passport style photos (one from Petitioner and one from beneficiary)

One (1) copy of Birth certificate/US Passport (Petitioner)

Two (2) Letters certifying intent to marry (one from Petitioner and one from the Beneficiary)

Proof of having met in person in the past two years (so photographs of you together and with friends and family, travel receipts, etc. anything to show that you all have been physically in the same location--and the more you have the better)

Proof of ongoing relationship - (in ours we included transcripts from our daily texts and emails, phone records, etc.--anything to show that you all keep in regular touch)

IF either of you have been married before, you will also need attach proof that the marriage was terminated (divorce certificate).

So as you can see, its quite likely that this will take you guys a few weeks if you're only just starting out. And it can be overwhelming. But some of this stuff is very simple. My suggestion would be to download the I-129F application and the G-325A applications (one for you and one for your fiance) Get those completed first and gather up the required documents (your fiance needs his birth certificate--so if he doesn't have it, he'll have to get it. He also needs a copy of his passport.) THEN once you have all that gathered, you can focus on collecting the extras--supporting materials.

Best of luck to you guys! I'm not even through the process yet, but can at least pass on what I know thus far. :-) HOpe it helps!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on your engagement! :-)

My fiance got engaged in June of 2012. We filed for a I-129F (K-1 Fiance visa) in mid-August and JUST received as approval last night in the mail. :-/ So you should anticipate a wait. (My fiance also lives in the UK btw)

I think you may also need more than a week--it took us a couple months to get all the paperwork together. You'll need:

Payment in the amount of $340.00.

A coverletter explaining the documents enclosed. We separated everything behind the I-129F with numbered tabs and just provided a list on the cover.

I-129F Application

Two (2) completed G-325A Forms and passport style photos (one from Petitioner and one from beneficiary)

One (1) copy of Birth certificate/US Passport (Petitioner)

Two (2) Letters certifying intent to marry (one from Petitioner and one from the Beneficiary)

Proof of having met in person in the past two years (so photographs of you together and with friends and family, travel receipts, etc. anything to show that you all have been physically in the same location--and the more you have the better)

Proof of ongoing relationship - (in ours we included transcripts from our daily texts and emails, phone records, etc.--anything to show that you all keep in regular touch)

IF either of you have been married before, you will also need attach proof that the marriage was terminated (divorce certificate).

So as you can see, its quite likely that this will take you guys a few weeks if you're only just starting out. And it can be overwhelming. But some of this stuff is very simple. My suggestion would be to download the I-129F application and the G-325A applications (one for you and one for your fiance) Get those completed first and gather up the required documents (your fiance needs his birth certificate--so if he doesn't have it, he'll have to get it. He also needs a copy of his passport.) THEN once you have all that gathered, you can focus on collecting the extras--supporting materials.

Best of luck to you guys! I'm not even through the process yet, but can at least pass on what I know thus far. :-) HOpe it helps!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X