Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round the world sailor needs help getting married!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round the world sailor needs help getting married!

I'm horrible with paperwork and this process is intimidating to me. If anyone can spare a minute to lay some of this out for me, it would be hugely appreciated.

I met my love a year ago, and we've been sailing around the world together since. The trip will end in the states this April and we are trying to plan our future. We want to get married and I'm already getting the notion that this will not be easy. I'm a US citizen and she is Russian. She received a B-2 visa and went home with me over the holidays; we can re-enter with that.

We are trying to decide how to get the paperwork done in the most convenient and timely way so that we can start working when we get home and not waste money on flights just to renew her visa. We're not sure if we should get married here in South Africa and apply for a CR-1/ K3 or file the K-1 and wait.

One issue is that I am obviously overseas and moving constantly. The other issue is that we would like to have her interviews in the states. With the wait times so unpredictable I'm hesitant to choose an option. I'll keep searching the forum, but it would be nice just to have some reassurance.

Definitely not my idea of marriage, but we will have to separate the love part from the bureaucratic hassle.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X