Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time does it take to get a K-3 visa post marriage

Hi,

This is for my sister for whom an alliance with a boy who is a US Citizen is being considered. I have read some of the posts and general information on immihelp. My key questions are:-

a) It seems like the K-3 visa is a faster route than consular processing. Is there any "catch" associated with K-3 visa that is not there with consular processing?

b) I understand that K-3 visa application can be made once I-130 receipt is available. How much time does it take to get I-130 receipt after filing for it and how much time does it take to get a K-3 visa? Is it just like filing for any other visa at the consulate in India?

c) I believe if you enter the US on a non immigrant visa within 2 years of marriage and file for I-485 after the I-130 is approved, you will have conditions attached to the green card that have to be removed within 90 days of the 2 year mark. Generally is it a big hassle to remove these "conditions" or is it just a formality for folks that have everything in order?

Overall, I am leaning towards advising my sister to use the K-3 route since I don't see any specific advantages of doing consular processing. I would appreciate any pointers in this regard.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Balakrishnan

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X