Spouse Visa and Family background checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse Visa and Family background checks

I am UK citizen and my wife and son are both US citizens, we live in the UK now but will be applying for me get a greencard to work in US whilst in the UK.

I am OK with the process of doing this but am concerned on a couple more obscure points related to my family.

My ex-wife (UK citizen) has been to prison in the UK about 20 years ago (we have been divorced for years), also my father lives in the states (think is a resident alien) and has done so for 40 odd years but I also think he has been to court on a fraud offense in 2004, I am not sure if we was convicted as we haven't spoken for over 10 years.

Does anyone know if either of these issues would effect my application? How deep are the background checks on your family for the process of applying for greencard through your Spouse.

I am clean living, no arrests, no issues whatsoever so I am really hoping the actions of others would not affect my families ability to move to the US at some point soon.

If anyone has any information or experience in this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

I believe it is only you and her they are concerned with I would not think they go that far and look at family members unless they were tired as spies for something very very bad like that.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X