Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrating a spouse to live in USA

Hi

I have been looking everywhere for details that fits my case. Unfortunately, Google simply does not answer all the questions I need to know to make an informed decision.

I am an Australian citizen who came here to work under E3 visa. I came here in July 2013. Because of my citizenship, skills (doctorate in mechanical engineering), and willing employer, I will get my greencard which was applied in october last year by the end of the year.
    As far as I know, I used EB2 for my greencard application.

I am planning to get married to a chinese citizen. I like to know the best approach so that we end up together at the earliest date.

- I read that if I get my greencard, then apply a I-130, it will take many years before she can come here. This will literally destroy my marriage. I personally find it strange that such law is there.

- So that means I am left with applying her to be green card before I get mine. That also means I must get married before I get my greencard. Is this true? Do I have any other choice?

Please anyone who can direct me with some factual information will be most appreciated.

Kind regards,

jamsbong

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X