Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting my pregnant wife

Hi all,

I do not the know the right category of this question. So my apologies in advance if this is not the right category.

My wife is a US citizen and she is pregnant. The expected date of delivery is in Oct. I have already applied for immigration using form I-130. My case has been approved by USCIS and has been forwarded to NVC on 10 Mar 2015. A case of a friend of mine is in NVC for the past one year and no result has come yet. In view of the aforesaid, I want to visit my wife in Oct for the delivery. Is there a way or type of visa which I can apply for which can help me reach US in time?

I shall be highly grateful to anyone who can guide me through this.

Thanks in advance.

You should have your Embassy interview before October. If your friend's paperwork has been at the NVC a year, it is because he is waiting for a quota visa slot or they haven't completed the NVC requirements.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Heroic Move View Post
    Hi all,

I do not the know the right category of this question. So my apologies in advance if this is not the right category.

My wife is a US citizen and she is pregnant. The expected date of delivery is in Oct. I have already applied for immigration using form I-130. My case has been approved by USCIS and has been forwarded to NVC on 10 Mar 2015. A case of a friend of mine is in NVC for the past one year and no result has come yet. In view of the aforesaid, I want to visit my wife in Oct for the delivery. Is there a way or type of visa which I can apply for which can help me reach US in time?

I shall be highly grateful to anyone who can guide me through this.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      You should have your Embassy interview before October. If your friend's paperwork has been at the NVC a year, it is because he is waiting for a quota visa slot or they haven't completed the NVC requirements.

--Ray B
      Thank you Ray B for your response. I have not received any case no. yet from NVC. Shall I contact my embassy after 260 and 261 have been filed along with relevant documents? My friend has also applied for the spouse visa.

Comment

Once you have an NVC case number, you can request expedited processing because of your wife's pregnancy.

Your friend's case, however, might be a different story. if his petitioner is a U.S. citizen, there is no reason for the package to be sitting at the NVC unless there was something wrong with his submitted documents, or they haven't submitted everything, or if there is a "security" issue.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Heroic Move View Post
        Thank you Ray B for your response. I have not received any case no. yet from NVC. Shall I contact my embassy after 260 and 261 have been filed along with relevant documents? My friend has also applied for the spouse visa.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          Once you have an NVC case number, you can request expedited processing because of your wife's pregnancy.

Your friend's case, however, might be a different story. if his petitioner is a U.S. citizen, there is no reason for the package to be sitting at the NVC unless there was something wrong with his submitted documents, or they haven't submitted everything, or if there is a "security" issue.

--Ray B
          Thank you very much Ray B for your guidance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X