Addresses on I-129F?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addresses on I-129F?

I'm currently living in China. I'm not sure what to put for my fiancé's mailing address. I want to put my mum's address in the U.S., because getting mail there is fast & she can scan it to me. Also, letter mail isn't much of a thing in China. If you need it, you can sometimes get it sent to your work.

Also, what's the importance of my fiancé's Chinese address? We live in the south of China, but his official residence is in the north. It's a long process to change his address to where he currently lives, plus he might be moving in the next months. Should I just put his address as it officially is, even if he lives elsewhere? Will this affect anything like which consulate we apply through for his visa? I'm assuming this wouldn't affect his mail, since his mailing address is in a different location.

If I submit the I-129F, what happens if his address changes in the months afterwards?

Thank you in advance for your help in this tricky process!

I would put the official address in China. Later on if you need to change it, you can contact the embassy. The address is important as that's where the case gets sent. Someone can confirm this, but I heard immigration people even come to your house and ask neighbors about you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X