I-864 confusion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 confusion.

Our whole AOS packet is almost complete apart from the I-864.

My husband is the sponsor though needs a co-sponsor (his dad). His Mother is also on the tax returns as they are joint together.

We read that the easiest way to do this all together is for my husband to fill the I-864, his dad to fill an I-864 and his mother to do an I-864a.

How would this all work? Do we need to split their incomes separately or use them all together? Also where would his dad be listed in the household section of I-864? Any help would be much appreciated.

This can be done two ways:

1. One I-864 from your husband, with dad and mom being shown as household member joint sponsors, then separate I-864A's for each of them.
    2. One I-864 from husband, with no mention of mom and dad; then a separate I-864 fro dad as joint sponsor, and an I-864A from mom as household member, with mom and dad both shining page 3 of the I-864A.

#2 above is the best way to present a joint sponsor with least risk of reviewer exceptions and Request for Evidence.

--Ray B

Originally posted by ysti View Post
    Our whole AOS packet is almost complete apart from the I-864.

My husband is the sponsor though needs a co-sponsor (his dad). His Mother is also on the tax returns as they are joint together.

We read that the easiest way to do this all together is for my husband to fill the I-864, his dad to fill an I-864 and his mother to do an I-864a.

How would this all work? Do we need to split their incomes separately or use them all together? Also where would his dad be listed in the household section of I-864? Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X