Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapplying after Attempting to Sponsor Significant Other

Hi all,

I'm an American citizen, and my significant other is Indian (from Haryana) and after dating for a year, my parents have offered to fly him over in order to meet him. I have a business visa for India. Thinking that having so much support to come visit the US would enable him to get a B2 visa, my parents gave him an invitation letter and their paystubs and he mentioned that he was visiting them.

Unfortunately, he was denied. I understand this is because he did not demonstrate strong ties to India. We are desperately trying to get him to visit for Christmas, and I want to know what the best option for getting his visa granted would be. He only needs one month.

I can now see that we made the mistake of attempting to have me vouch for him. If he was to simply to reapply on his own for a Tourist (B2), would this previous attempt make it impossible for him to now be successfully granted a visa? Does it matter if he changes embassies? He previously applied in Delhi.

Basically - now that he has indicated he is traveling for his signifigant other, and has been denied, is there a possibility at all that he will be granted a visa if he reapplies on his own before Christmas 2015?

Is our only option now a K1?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X