Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just getting started with fiance visa. Help please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just getting started with fiance visa. Help please :)

Hi! I'm just now getting started filing for a K1 fiance visa for my fiance (he's in Ghana, I'm in USA). Our case is pretty straightforward (I think)... neither of us have ever been married, no kids, met 9 years ago, and just got engaged during my 3 week trip to Ghana last month. I just was wondering how complicated this process is - do most people do just fine without a lawyer's help or should I get a lawyer? Also, I know along with the i-129f forms, I should submit proof of our relationship - what is recommended for proof? And how much proof? Is there anything else I need to submit aside from the i-129f, proof of relationship, and the visa fee? How long, on average, does this process take? Any advice would be MUCH appreciated! I've never had to deal with the immigration system before, and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Thanks!

Yeyyyy

Originally posted by Eureka54 View Post
    Hi! I'm just now getting started filing for a K1 fiance visa for my fiance (he's in Ghana, I'm in USA). Our case is pretty straightforward (I think)... neither of us have ever been married, no kids, met 9 years ago, and just got engaged during my 3 week trip to Ghana last month. I just was wondering how complicated this process is - do most people do just fine without a lawyer's help or should I get a lawyer? Also, I know along with the i-129f forms, I should submit proof of our relationship - what is recommended for proof? And how much proof? Is there anything else I need to submit aside from the i-129f, proof of relationship, and the visa fee? How long, on average, does this process take? Any advice would be MUCH appreciated! I've never had to deal with the immigration system before, and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Thanks!

Hi,first of all congratulations on your engagement.First step you will be needing to start filing I-129F form,this form has several papers that you will be needing to gather.Ill suggest you doing it as soon as possible because it has over 14 parts,once all completed you will send it to USCIS and provide the payment for $340,once its been received by USCIS they will review it and will keep contact you once they received it and if they approve it,however you also have the ability to track it to USCIS tracker and put the receipt # that will be provided to you once they already recieved it,once its already approved you will be receiving letter from the mail,they will then forward it to NVC (National Visa Center) and have it reviewed as well,once they review it ,you will be notified through email or mail that your packet will be now ready to be send to the consulate where your alien fiance gonna have her/his interview.Your alien fiance will now be needing to prepare all the documents needed for her interview,once the US Embassy on your alien fiance already received your packet they will notify you or you can also track it through CEAC tracker and put the case # where NVC will provide you on the letter,if it says Ready status you can now get preparedd for your alien fiance medical and interview.ALien fiance should have her medical done to the accredited clinic on her country and pay the standard fee of $265,then scheduled an appointment for her interview and pay $245.Then alien fiance need ot get ready for the interview,once interview is done and approved you will be waiting 7-10 bus days to wait for your passport and visa then you're ready to fly to US.Its not an easy journey,you both will b e needing a lot of patience,im on K1 as well and im from Philippines,so far im on last stage of the process which is the interview next week Wednesday.They say it take 3-6 months,i also saw some takes longer than that for some reason,on me and my fiance case ,its pretty quick,we filed it July 30,and ill have my interview next week.Much patience and just faith,its stressing but it will be worth it once everything is done.So goodluck on your journey and i hope you make it and be together soon.God bless

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X