Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting k-1 visa too fast, oh the irony!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting k-1 visa too fast, oh the irony!

Hi everyone,
    I'm finally going to get married to my fiance this spring. But we did not expect the whole process to go so quick, i'm already at the interview stage which is this winter.
    we were planning on celebrating xmas in USA this time, but if I go will i have to enter on the K1 visa? or could I ask the immigration officer to grant me entry on a VISA waiver? (so I wont have to spend the K-1 visa and be stuck in america too early)

thank you for your help!

Originally posted by ballarms View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm finally going to get married to my fiance this spring. But we did not expect the whole process to go so quick, i'm already at the interview stage which is this winter.
    we were planning on celebrating xmas in USA this time, but if I go will i have to enter on the K1 visa? or could I ask the immigration officer to grant me entry on a VISA waiver? (so I wont have to spend the K-1 visa and be stuck in america too early)

thank you for your help!

First of all,congratulations to you and your fiance,however im just confused what do you mean you getting married this spring?is it just a plan or you've been already doing the K1 visa process..You will be needing to complete the whole process of K1 Visa before entering to United States and get married,once interview is approved then you will need to wait for your passport and your visa to be send to you within 7-10 business days after your interview,then you need to attend the CFO seminar,im not sure which country are you coming from but you need to attend this seminar and get the sticker and stamps to your passport with approved visa before flying out to US.You will be given 90 days to get married in US upon arrival.I am from Philippines and im on K1 fiance visa as well,ill have my interview next week Wednesday.
    Goodluck and hope this help atleast.God bless.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X