Evidence of Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence of Relationship

So, I'm a British citizen and my boyfriend is American. We are petitioning and applying for the K visa so that I can immigrate to the states and live with him.

We've just sent off the K visa petition for us to get married in the US etc and I was hoping to get a head start on the things I have to put together for when the petition is approved so I have a list of things I will need, including evidence of our relationship. I want to do this so that we don't have to wait a stupid long time for us to be together and I can apply for the visa ASAP.

So far the evidence compiles of photos of all our meetings, letters sent between us, flight tickets/stickers etc, PAX lanyard from my first visit, hotel reservations from his visit to the UK, a receipt of a parcel I've sent to him.

I'm unsure as to what else I should include. We spend most our time talking on ******** messenger, and calling each other via that (occasionally we skype each other if we have time, but we used to all the time a few years ago). Should I include some screenshots of our conversations and emails from the earlier years?

The thing is, I don't want to include SO much that they think I'm trying too hard! But I don't want to not try so hard that they dont find the evidence sufficient.

Anyone else here going through the same process or have done so? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi

You be better to have too much information rather than not enough. Any cards you have sent one another for birthday/Christmas/anniversary would be helpful as well as any letters or emails you have written.

Good luck. It's a long road but you will get there

Wils

Comment

Thank you for your advice.

I'm thinking the same.. It's just a pain to print it all out and make sure it's all readable. Also having to put captions under everything in order to avoid the risk of them returning it to me because they don't understand what it is :L

I've got emails on Google dating back as far as 2012 (i could go a little further if I had access to MSN grr), so if that doesn't prove our ongoing 'relationship' then I'm not sure what will lol

Comment

Also, does anyone have any advice on how I should organise this?

So far I have all my pictures (in date order) and then I have smaller items such as flight tickets, screenshots etc. All in date order but I've kept the same 'type' of evidence together. Would this be okay?

Comment

For the 129-F, I sent everything they required, plus a bit more like dates of e-cards. I organized everything by keeping each group (receipts, Skype logs, emails, my personal papers, her personal papers, forms, etc) by a paperclip and an extra piece of paper on top describing its contents. For example, on my stash of papers, the cover had:

NAME's paperwork:
          Birth certificate (original is longer than 8x11, so two copies made)
          Passport copies
          List of dates e-cards exchanged
          G-1145
          I-129F and supplemental page
          G-325A
          Letter of Intent
          I-129F Cover
          Payment for filing
          2x2 photo

So I had all that grouped, and every group had a cover describing what is in it.

The one thing I had an issue with was some receipts (food while in Philippines, items, etc) were still hard to read even after printing them on heavy/dark setting. All other receipts (like plane, hotel, etc) were fine. Surprisingly, most receipts hard to read were from coffee shops.

When she goes for her interview, she will have a copy of everything I did for 129-F, original receipts, and copies of extra stuff like cards she mailed me. She plans to do a scrap book. Of course I know that sometimes none of this stuff is ever viewed, but better safe than sorry.

I am waiting for NOA2 because they are stalling and looking for more money (which I not have at all) if they send me a RFE. Because there is no lack of evidence (I sent them 60 pictures, 50 pages of selected and edited Skype chats spanning a year and half, 10 pages of selective and edited emails spanning a year a year and half, forms, money, etc). My only concern is I have banks having collection agencies trying to get money on school loans I can not pay for past 4-5 years without a living waged income since my layoff back then. For the visa, I exceed their requirements though, but it is not a living income for survival still.

Anyway, that is what I did for filing and what she plans to do for interview time.
          Last edited by NoOneShouldStopLove; 11-10-2015, 12:56 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X