Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I doing the right steps? What timelines can I expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I doing the right steps? What timelines can I expect?

Hi Experts,
    I am a US citizen residing in NJ. My parents and I have decided on a girl residing in India. I have visited India in November and got married to her. After marriage, I have applied for I130 and paid the fee of $420 and sent to the Chicago address which is received on November 17th. Once I got the receipt number, I have applied for I129F to the Texas lock box facility which is received on November 30th. My wife is still in India and waiting for next steps.
    Question is: As K1 takes more time I wish to bring her using K3 visa. Also we are already married and waiting for Visa. Is K3 the right process for this situation? How long will it take for the approval?
    Will my application be sent to the Vermont Service center? How long will this take?
    Thanks,
    Venkat

You can't do K1visa because you are already married to her. K3 visa you can do as long as you have receipt of I-130 petition. Once her I-130 approved she is not eligible for K3 visa.

Please read,
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

I have read that K3 visa is faster than K1 Visa. Is that true?

Originally posted by jnk View Post
      You can't do K1visa because you are already married to her. K3 visa you can do as long as you have receipt of I-130 petition. Once her I-130 approved she is not eligible for K3 visa.

Please read,
      https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/k...n-process.html
      I have read that K3 visa is faster than K1 Visa. However when I see the processing times, the K1 and K3 visa processing times are all showing about 5 months or more in waiting. What exactly is the benefit of following K3 visa? Is there any other way of entering to US while K3 approval is also taking more time?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X