Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K2 visa question. Please reply

Hi there
    I came to the U.S with a K2 visa because my parent married a U.S Citizen. I was granted a 2 years extension for my visa up to Aug 2015( which expired). My parent ( who has been married to the U.S citizen for 2 years now) is now applying for removal of conditions. The U.S office, as a result, has granted another extension of 1 year for both my parent and me. ( so we apparently our condition will expired Aug 2016). So my question is what happens if my parent's petition somehow is not granted ? My parent is legitimately married to a U.S citizen. If the petition is not granted, does that mean I and my parent have to leave the U.S ? Does that mean I cannot apply for the removal of conditions ? How does that work in my K2 situation ? Also, how does naturalization work in my case ? If my parent's petition is granted but he/she doesn't want to apply for citizenship, can I still do it ?
    I really appreciate your time

Your "Removal of Conditions" application, if included on your mom's application, will have the same outome as her (approval or denial).

If your mom does not obtain naturalization when she is eligible, you will have to wait until you have 4 years and 9 months from the issue date of your first Green Card to apply on your own.

--Ray B

Originally posted by pokemanga View Post
    Hi there
    I came to the U.S with a K2 visa because my parent married a U.S Citizen. I was granted a 2 years extension for my visa up to Aug 2015( which expired). My parent ( who has been married to the U.S citizen for 2 years now) is now applying for removal of conditions. The U.S office, as a result, has granted another extension of 1 year for both my parent and me. ( so we apparently our condition will expired Aug 2016). So my question is what happens if my parent's petition somehow is not granted ? My parent is legitimately married to a U.S citizen. If the petition is not granted, does that mean I and my parent have to leave the U.S ? Does that mean I cannot apply for the removal of conditions ? How does that work in my K2 situation ? Also, how does naturalization work in my case ? If my parent's petition is granted but he/she doesn't want to apply for citizenship, can I still do it ?
    I really appreciate your time

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X