Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K-1 Visa Petition for my fiance from outside the US - Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-1 Visa Petition for my fiance from outside the US - Please help!

Hello!
    I am new to this forum, I'm hoping someone can help me get some answers about the K-1 Visa.

I am a US citizen but I've lived in Peru since I was 5 years old. I've traveled to the US several times to see my father and other relatives that live in Florida and Texas. One time I stayed at my dads for 6 months and got a Florida ID with his address as my domicile. I want to petition my boyfriend (fiance) because we want to get married in the US and live in Dallas. My questions are:

- Is it a requirement for me to live in the US in order to file the fiance Visa petition? -Do I have to go back to the US and stay for some time before filing the petition? (I've read that it isn't a requirement but I want to make sure) -Do I have to mail the application from the US myself or can someone do it for me? (for example my dad)

I am also confused about the address I need to give in the application. My fiance and I want to get an apartment before we get there (a friend or relative can take care of that for us) or if that doesn't work out we would stay at a friends or at my dads until we settle in. My question is, can I write a temporary address (my dads) in the application even if it's not the place and state my fiance and I will be living in? Can I change it afterwards?

I also have questions about the affidavit of support but I'll post them in the right topic forum.

Thank you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X