Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May not receive K1 in time for wedding - please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May not receive K1 in time for wedding - please help!

Hi,

My fiancee (US) and I (UK) got engaged in January this year (2016) - we decided to have the wedding in August of this year. After research...we decided to apply for a K1 and to begin planning the wedding! We wanted to get the fiance visa in order to do everything as official as possible. We were worried that the border people might not like it that I went to the US to get married without making them 'aware'.
    I will not be living in the US (at least for another few years) - so currently the plan is for myself (UK) to go to the US, get married and return to the UK.
    So in February we began our application for the K1.
    But now we face an issue...
    We misunderstood how long the K1 would take to fully process... looking at the waiting times for other people, it might not get fully processed till September (assuming everything goes smoothly) ..but the wedding is planned for August and lots of things are booked - so changing the date is not an option.

So we're a little unsure of what to do.
    • One option, we're considering not moving forward with the K1 visa and for myself to simply visit the US as a typical 'ESTA Tourist', and then get married out there. - But the issue here is...will they see that we had applied for a K1 visa earlier in the year and get suspicious that I'm entering the US with 'intent to immigrate' ?!

• Or, do we continue the K1 visa, but 'pause' at the point where I need to send my passport off to get the VISA put in it. I then enter the US as an 'ESTA Tourist' and have the wedding BUT..do not officially get married. We'll just ' **** ' it at the ceremony. I then return to the UK, complete the K1 application and return to the US later for an official ceremony to then get actually married (before returning to the UK once again)

Thanks for taking the time to read this, hope you can help!

-Please remember that I am not planning to stay in the US ...we wonder if that might help our situation...

Current state of K1: So far we have received the NOA1 and are waiting for it to be approved for the NOA2

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X