DS-160 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 Issues

This is being copied from http://blogs.usembassy.gov/philippin...s-160-pitfalls and wanted to ask this here as well. Thanks.

============================

Without a pasted comment on what is required or to call these people for help (I did and I tell you their response after), please tell me (USA petitioner) if you can explain our options here. We filled the DS160, however, there were some problems. Not only did it keep losing information no matter how many times it got saved, it also required information that was unavailable at the time, and still is. One is past employment. She (Philippines) wanted to get her second one in but did not have the phone number because it was years ago and the people moved out of country. So we could not fill in a second past job. The other issue is that we entered her college information but she just obtained her high school information to include. Unknown if she could even add it that she could add elementary. She is concerned that she will be denied because the information is not accurate (but to my logic, it should not bother anyone but I am told these interviewers are a "different" breed). I called up the call center (all I get are call centers where 0 is disabled) and the lady said that all she has to do is bring in any supporting documents (all she has is college and high school diploma, nothing from elementary).

One option is to redo the form but I do not know if it will affect the interview date or the interview itself. I have seen posts above that it "should not" affect it but I got a feeling these interviewers will not care about call center naysayers, forums posters, or what is or is not officially posted on their sites (usually nothing). I kind of need more detail that is required to determine it being a "yes/no" answers. I do not know how these people work, but I hear stories of people being rejected for silly reasons. That is scary!!

Option two is just leaving the form as is and take whatever papers and sticky notes she has and if they want to look something up, they should not push her away and just do it themselves on the spot since they have all that info. She will tell them ahead of time about website issues during interview.

What are your thoughts, and this is open for anyone with similar experience.

Thank you.

Is it possible, when doing a new one that the phone number field, for the past employers section, can take "not applicable" or "unknown"? Should she attempt to put in all 0s or a dead number of a friend, all of the sake of getting a second past employer in to avoid any potential threats that she is being fraudulent, despite having some paper work with her? Is it worth it?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X