I want to apply for K1 visa please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to apply for K1 visa please help

Hello , my name is khanza . Im Indonesian currently stay in jakarta . My bf is american working In UAE , we wants to apply for K1 visa .. But the problem is Im pregnant now and I want to wait until I give a birth so I can register my baby for K2 .
    The question here , Im not working at this moment and my bf supports all the financial . Is it will be a problem for us to apply ? Cause I read I have to show how much I earn in a year and have The prove letter from my company . I dont want to stay In US , our intention just to get married there and get citizenship for my baby . Is it will be easier ?

Baby: American

The baby can be registered as American without going to the U.S. They may ask for a paternity DNA test unless you two can prove you lived together (Pictures and any rental agreement or shared bank account info will help). They want to know your relationship has gone on for awhile and that you still have an ongoing relationship. So if you don't plan on living in the U.S. you would not have to go through all that other expense and paper work just to get your child their American citizenship papers. My son did that with his daughter, proof or relationship, copy of birth certificate with the father's name on it, also the translation. Again be prepared if they ask for DNA test. Once they accept what you presented, your child will get a U.S birth certificate and you should also get the American passport for the child.
    Hope this info is of help to you.

Comment

How about to getting married there

Originally posted by CJBaker View Post
      The baby can be registered as American without going to the U.S. They may ask for a paternity DNA test unless you two can prove you lived together (Pictures and any rental agreement or shared bank account info will help). They want to know your relationship has gone on for awhile and that you still have an ongoing relationship. So if you don't plan on living in the U.S. you would not have to go through all that other expense and paper work just to get your child their American citizenship papers. My son did that with his daughter, proof or relationship, copy of birth certificate with the father's name on it, also the translation. Again be prepared if they ask for DNA test. Once they accept what you presented, your child will get a U.S birth certificate and you should also get the American passport for the child.

But we wants to get married as well . For him it will be more difficult to get married in my country thats why we apply for k1 Visa .

Comment

How about to getting married there

Originally posted by CJBaker View Post
        Yeah but we also want to get married there , I know I can register my baby without go there . Cause for My bf and I will be easier to get married in US than In Indonesia .. but Once I apply for k1, I have to apply for k2 also right .. or I can just apply for k1? I need to get legal married bcause I probably will stay with my bf that often work oversea . .even though we have no plans yet to live in Us .

Comment

Citizenship through parents

Originally posted by Elkhanza Gischa Oqtavian View Post
          Hello , my name is khanza . Im Indonesian currently stay in jakarta . My bf is american working In UAE , we wants to apply for K1 visa .. But the problem is Im pregnant now and I want to wait until I give a birth so I can register my baby for K2 .
          The question here , Im not working at this moment and my bf supports all the financial . Is it will be a problem for us to apply ? Cause I read I have to show how much I earn in a year and have The prove letter from my company . I dont want to stay In US , our intention just to get married there and get citizenship for my baby . Is it will be easier ?
          Hello Khanza,

To get citizenship for your baby, there are two ways to obtain citizenship through U.S. citizen parents, one at birth and one after birth but before the age of 18. In a general, a Child Born Outside the U.S. is a Citizen at Birth when the Child’s Parents are legally married to each other at the time of Birth.

Comment

Originally posted by Elkhanza Gischa Oqtavian View Post
            Yeah but we also want to get married there , I know I can register my baby without go there . Cause for My bf and I will be easier to get married in US than In Indonesia .. but Once I apply for k1, I have to apply for k2 also right .. or I can just apply for k1? I need to get legal married bcause I probably will stay with my bf that often work oversea . .even though we have no plans yet to live in Us .
            All you need to do is have your boyfriend apply for your finace visa. You only need one. Of course with that goes a lot of paper work, but he will need to start that process as soon as possible as it take about 13 months.

Comment

My understanding is you can't get a K1 if your bf is living and working in the UAE (conditions for an IR\CR1 visa). You can safely give birth in Indonesia, then have bf apply for your K1 once he is in the US and the baby is healthy enough to travel.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X