I-130 and K3 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 and K3 Visa

I am serving in the US Airforce, and my spouse is in the philippines at the moment, and its just so stressing to say this is taking so long to have my spouse move in with me.. She is literally all over my military orders and accounts. we are just waiting on USCIS to do something. Like always i feel like my package or files is just laying around in a waiting list...

------------------------------

I-130Processing Timeline

July 8th, 2016- Sent I-130
    July 11th, 2016- Delivered to USCIS
    July 13th, 2016- Email Notification
    July 18th, 2016 - Received i797 NOA

K3 I-129F Visa Processing Timeline

August 19, 2016 - Sent k3 package
    August 25, 2016 - Delivered to USCIS
    ??? - Email Notification

----- This is my time line so far... do you guys know when i would receive the email notification for the k3 package? how much longer am i going to wait ??

Hi there. So I'm just barely further than you are in the process. My husband is stuck in Australia right now while I'm here in Austin, TX. But I'm looking at your timeline...I'm wondering why it took you over a month to send out your I-129F package? A couple of tips to help hurry the process along as much as possible:

-EXPEDITE YOUR PACKAGES OVERNIGHT. Every day counts. For your I-130, it took about 3 days just to be delivered. So in total, it took 10 days to receive your NOA. Then your I-129 package wasn't sent out until a month later, and it took almost a week to be delivered to USCIS. So they've actually only had it in their possession for about 5 business days now.

-PREPARE YOUR PACKAGES IN ADVANCE. Have your package all organized and ready, so when you get that NOA you can send out the package the DAY OF. So when you overnight it with FedEx, they get your new package the very next day. It saves so much time. It looks like the majority of your timeline has been a combination of you preparing the papers and it getting to USCIS in the mail. It actually seems like once they have the papers, they're decently quick (since you received your I-130 NOA in less than a week).

I did this and here is my timeline:

August 15, 2016 - USCIS received my I-130
    August 17, 2016 - USCIS sent out NOA1
    August 22, 2016 - I received the I-130 NOA1 (a small holdup because of the weekend)

August 23, 2016 - USCIS received I-129F package (via FedEx overnight)
    August 30, 2016 - USCIS sent NOA1 notice
    September 3, 2016 - I received the I-129F NOA1

So in just less than 3 weeks, I have received both NOAs by doing this. Just do everything you can on your end to get them what they need immediately. Even if it costs 3x extra to overnight it, just do it. It's worth it. In terms of how long it will take them to process everything, it's hard to say. I'm wondering the same thing myself. It's kind of just a waiting game at this point unfortunately. I check the mailbox every single day, I'm so impatient.

Comment

Noa got it!

i didnt know anything about the k3 package until i started googling and youtubing everything! so i found out myself 1 month later and slap myself that there is such thing,!!! UGHHH anyway i did have the email notification, apparently their suppose to give me the email notification on Aug 25th, but seems like theres a tech difficulty,! so i received the email on Sept1st, that they received my package on Aug 25th. now waiting on the NOA!! ..

To you knowledge, what is the next step besides waiting??

Comment

For spousal visa purposes, you must first apply fo ra CR-1 or IR-1 (if married less than two years or 2 years and longer) with form I-130. After you have receipt notice that your I-130 has been accepted, you may submit form I-129F for a spousal K3 visa, but USCIS doesn't seem to be supporting K3 visa processing these days.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Jr Cadua View Post
        i didnt know anything about the k3 package until i started googling and youtubing everything! so i found out myself 1 month later and slap myself that there is such thing,!!! UGHHH anyway i did have the email notification, apparently their suppose to give me the email notification on Aug 25th, but seems like theres a tech difficulty,! so i received the email on Sept1st, that they received my package on Aug 25th. now waiting on the NOA!! ..

To you knowledge, what is the next step besides waiting??

Comment

Hi everyone

I have just submitted my I-130. My partner is also in Austin and I have just had to come back to Australia. Can anyone tell me the advantages to the K3 visa. I remember looking into it a while ago thinking that I could enter the US much earlier, but the waiting times seemed to be just as long as waiting for the I-130 and then the CR-1. Especially since you then have to wait again for employment rights. It didn't seem to be very practical. Maybe I am missing something.

Also, with the form you have to complete (I think it is the D-260) for the NVC, it says you need to list all residential addresses from the age of 16. I am in my 40's and have lived in soooo many places - I moved a lot in my 20's. Does anyone have any experience with this if they don't have the exact dates. There is no way I will be able to remember everything exactly. Such a pain.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

hi i am. a green card holder can i file
            k-3 for my husband?
            i just sent form i-130 on August first and I received the receipt number can anyone help please?

Comment

Only U.S. citizens can apply for K3 visas for spouses. The K3 visa option, however, is not actively supported by USCIS these days, in favor of IR-1 or CR-1 visas.

--Ray B

Originally posted by freshta View Post
              hi i am. a green card holder can i file
              k-3 for my husband?
              i just sent form i-130 on August first and I received the receipt number can anyone help please?

Comment

I-130 and K3 Visa

My husband mailed the I-130 form in July 12. We got an email that they received our case on the 15th of July. July 20 he received the receipt im the mail. And now, as I look into the USCIS app our case still say the same that it was received on the 15th. And that the case was 72 days active I miss my husband so much and wanna be with him soon. I hope we get another notification saying it was approved.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X