Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We don't know what to do (Fiancé visa) (missing Affidavit of Support)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don't know what to do (Fiancé visa) (missing Affidavit of Support)

Dear users,

I (20, living in Germany) met my boyfriend (19) over a year ago on the Internet and we met in June and I visited him in October when he moved to the US from Europe. He is a US citizen and is studying in a college. After visiting the country, I decided that I finally want to move closer to him so we can be together, because I miss him and (honestly, my health has been deteriorating because of that) I loved the country itself, the people, the cities etc. We decided, that we would like to stay together forever and we could get married, so I can stay there. We looked online and found out, that I could come on a fiancé visa and we get married there. The problem now is, due to him being a student and having just a veeeery small income and me having only a small job and being a student aswell, we have no way to prove, that he can support me financially (Affidavit of Support), which would literally be the only thing that keeps me away from going to the consulate now. Neither of us will have a proper income in the next couple of years and I have other problems here, so I'd like to get this done very quickly (I am having some personal pressure). Sadly we couldn't find any co-sponsor either, that would agree to be that. Of course, I would look for a job immediately once I am there so I can support myself. Any ideas what we can do? We really don't know what to do (we are going crazy) and we hope, that one of you would be able to help us with this!

Regards,

DarkEmisphere

Originally posted by DarkEmisphere View Post
    Dear users,

I (20, living in Germany) met my boyfriend (19) over a year ago on the Internet and we met in June and I visited him in October when he moved to the US from Europe. He is a US citizen and is studying in a college. After visiting the country, I decided that I finally want to move closer to him so we can be together, because I miss him and (honestly, my health has been deteriorating because of that) I loved the country itself, the people, the cities etc. We decided, that we would like to stay together forever and we could get married, so I can stay there. We looked online and found out, that I could come on a fiancé visa and we get married there. The problem now is, due to him being a student and having just a veeeery small income and me having only a small job and being a student aswell, we have no way to prove, that he can support me financially (Affidavit of Support), which would literally be the only thing that keeps me away from going to the consulate now. Neither of us will have a proper income in the next couple of years and I have other problems here, so I'd like to get this done very quickly (I am having some personal pressure). Sadly we couldn't find any co-sponsor either, that would agree to be that. Of course, I would look for a job immediately once I am there so I can support myself. Any ideas what we can do? We really don't know what to do (we are going crazy) and we hope, that one of you would be able to help us with this!

Regards,

DarkEmisphere
    You've already mentioned the only alternative -- get a joint sponsor. Perhaps your boyfriend's family members or friends can help? They must also meet the minimum income/poverty requirements.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X