Marrying U.S citizen and to be able to continue my residency in U.S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying U.S citizen and to be able to continue my residency in U.S

Hi there! I am confused and would be grateful for your advice.
    1) I have almost completed my medicine MBBS in India and will be finishing up my house surgency (internship) in July 2017 in India.
    2) Meanwhile, I obtained tourist visa to U.S. for 10 years multiple entry as I am doing a few clinical electives (/internships) in U.S in between.
    3) my fiancé is a U.S citizen and the wedding would take place in India in April 2017.
    4) I would like to apply for my residency, preferably in September 2017 before which I will have to travel twice to U.s to finish my step 2 and Step 3 exams in U.S.
    So I think I might need to get a visa that would allow me to do my residency in U.S after my marriage.
    5)Also, I want to apply for a job with a work permit authorisation.
    6. So with all this, how should I go about with my visa/ green card? Should I continue with my tourist visa and apply for adjustment of status after marriage? Should my fiancé apply for my green card and should I go on k-3 visa and if so, how long would that take? ..and can i enter the US while the I-130 is being processed...also can i work that time and basically how to approach the whole situation and in what order? Or should I go on k-1? But as we are getting married in India in April, would that be acceptable? I am very confused on how to go about to ensure that I can continue with my residency after marriage and would be thankful for any guidance on how to solve this.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X