I-864 Help, Joint Sponser, Financial Doc, Supporting Doc. Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 Help, Joint Sponser, Financial Doc, Supporting Doc. Questions

Hello, I am the petitioner for my foreign wife applying for the CR-1 visa. I am living and working abroad in Brasil. The I-130 has been accepted and the visa application has been sent. I will use my father as a joint-sponser and plan to use some of my assets that I have earned for the past year here in Brasil. The questions that I have are as followed,

1. My joint sponsor makes well above the minimum requirements, therefore will not need to present proof of his assets, correct?

2. I was studying and working part time jobs in the United States for the previous years living there and did not have enough income to file. So I have no tax returns for the three years they are asking for. Do I have to sumbit a letter decribing why I have none, or will my joint sponser's tax returns satsify?

3. Are IRS Transcripts necessary for me and my joint sponsor?

4. The proof of relationship is between me and the joint sponsor correct?

5. I know I will have to prove domicile and will make a separate post about that, but how can my joint sponsor prove legal status? Is that even necessary?

6. Social Security earnings statement is for me or joint sponsor? both?

7. Birth certificates, court/prison records, military records, police records, are required from who?

8. Does my joint sponsor need to show copies of an unexpired passport?

9. The joint sponsor and myself send a completed form I-864 and not the I-864a, correct? Does my spouse (the applicant) have to send a form I-864 as well?

I would really appreciate any answers or feedback even if it's just one question that any of you have any information about. Time is essential and would like to send the package as soon as possible.

Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X