Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

120 day mark for EAD .... is this normal?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120 day mark for EAD .... is this normal?!

Hey Ya'll! I am a Canadian who applied for a K1 fiance visa, I am now married to my American husband and am working my way through the craziness that is this process.

On Jan 3, 2017 they received our EAD application and it has been processing ever since...
    On Jan 20, 2017 they received fingerprint fee for AOS and cont'd processing our case.
    On Feb 10, 2017 they mailed a request for more evidence for my AOS (Apparently we didn't submit the affidavit of support correctly...face palm)
    On Mar 17, 2017 they received the evidence we sent in (affidavit of support filed correctly).
    Slight hiccup...At the same time we sent back that evidence, I also sent in my application for early parole - i-131. They have made no mention of receiving it... and I didn't find out until after that the two documents are usually combined into one card (EAD and Early Parole).
    On Mar 25, 2017 they updated our case for AOS as - Ready to book interview for i-485.

We have received zero updates since then...I am worried that because I sent in the early parole document that it set the process back even further than it would be with having to redo the affidavit of support...

It seems like having no updates on the EAD since Jan 3 is a long time... is this considered a long time? I feel like so many people got it so much sooner, or at least a lot closer to the 90 day mark. I am currently at the 120 day mark now for that.

If the time reset to 90 days since Mar 17, 2017 then I am only at another 46 days...

I thought I would receive the EAD before the Green card, but I am not so sure anymore.

Would really appreciate some insight or other peoples experiences with this. Am I in for an extremely long wait still or what? I really want to start making some money so we can start our life together.

Cheers!
    And thanks in advance!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X