K1 Visa Approved but now into Administrative Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 Visa Approved but now into Administrative Processing

Anyone knows how long the Administrative Processing takes after being approved at the Interview?

My interview was on July 5th at the Montreal Consulate...I am indian and studying in Vancouver and my fiance is a US citizen and works in the Army as well. I was approved at my interview but my online status shows that my case is in Admin Processing. Does anyone know how long it would take on average? it is going to be two months...my case was last updated on the 4th of August...

Any thoughts or suggestions would help greatly...thanks

Ben

Originally posted by Benhaskin View Post
    Anyone knows how long the Administrative Processing takes after being approved at the Interview?

My interview was on July 5th at the Montreal Consulate...I am indian and studying in Vancouver and my fiance is a US citizen and works in the Army as well. I was approved at my interview but my online status shows that my case is in Admin Processing. Does anyone know how long it would take on average? it is going to be two months...my case was last updated on the 4th of August...

Any thoughts or suggestions would help greatly...thanks

Ben
    If you were told "you're approved" at the interview, then Administrative processing is a routine final background check of you. It doesn't necessarily mean they suspect something wrong.
    If you were told you're not approved yet (but not denied), then there is AP and background checks (credibility, verification) ongoing.
    You say it's been several weeks now. I would say then they're performing validation on your claims, performing security checks, or quite simply--they're backed up at the moment and will get to you soon.
    If you don't hear from there within 60 days, you can email them to follow up with the progress.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X