Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

worked without authorization - will I be denied an EAD through marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worked without authorization - will I be denied an EAD through marriage?

Hi everyone,

I am an E3 Visa holder (almost identical to H1b Visa). I was terminated by my E3 sponsor and have been doing unauthorized work for other companies for about 1 year.

Having recently married a US citizen, I'm now filling out form i-485 to adjust my status. Should I confess to this unauthorized work (and provide details) in Part 8 (General Eligibility and Inadmissibility Grounds)? /questions 16 and 17 ask, "Have you ever done unauthorized work" and "have you ever violated the terms of your non-immigrant status".

If I answer truthfully, will I be denied a Green Card?

I should add that an inspection of my bank account would reveal regular check deposits from unauthorized employers.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.
    Last edited by Louis D; 02-10-2018, 03:35 AM.

Originally posted by Louis D View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am an E3 Visa holder (almost identical to H1b Visa). I was terminated by my E3 sponsor and have been doing unauthorized work for other companies for about 1 year.

Having recently married a US citizen, I'm now filling out form i-485 to adjust my status. Should I confess to this unauthorized work (and provide details) in Part 8 (General Eligibility and Inadmissibility Grounds)? /questions 16 and 17 ask, "Have you ever done unauthorized work" and "have you ever violated the terms of your non-immigrant status".

If I answer truthfully, will I be denied a Green Card?

I should add that an inspection of my bank account would reveal regular check deposits from unauthorized employers.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.
    Your category for GC is affected neither by you being out of status nor by unauthorized employment. So no need to worry. But the absolute worst thing you can do is lie. That will surely put any future in the US in a jeopardy if found, and frankly it is a matter of when more than if. So do not lie, especially since the truth does not matter in your case.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X