Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K3-Visa for British Wife to Come to the United States

Hello all,

My wife and I have filled out 'Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative' and the 'Supplemental Form I-130a' for her K-3 visa and I am starting my new job soon so I can save money for her filing fee.

I am just a tad bit confused by what the USCIS website says for steps to take to file this process, specifically on this webpage: https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-...mmigrant-visas. It says this right at the beginning "If you are a U.S. citizen and you filed a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for your foreign spouse who is abroad, you can also file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)". Now the fee for filing Form I-130 is $535 and it is the same for Form I-129F, however, it also says that if you are filing for your spouse to get a K-3 visa, then you don't have to pay the other $535 for Form I-129F. Also, can I file these forms together or should I file them separately? I want to get my wife a K-3 visa to shorten the time we are apart and even get her work authorisation before we apply for a CR-1.

What is the best way to go about all of this?

I just wanted to verify with someone that this is true as I don't want to just send a check for $535 when I may have to pay $1,070, you know? I'm new to this USA immigration application stuff.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Originally posted by ZT093 View Post
    Hello all,

My wife and I have filled out 'Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative' and the 'Supplemental Form I-130a' for her K-3 visa and I am starting my new job soon so I can save money for her filing fee.

I am just a tad bit confused by what the USCIS website says for steps to take to file this process, specifically on this webpage: https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-...mmigrant-visas. It says this right at the beginning "If you are a U.S. citizen and you filed a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for your foreign spouse who is abroad, you can also file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)". Now the fee for filing Form I-130 is $535 and it is the same for Form I-129F, however, it also says that if you are filing for your spouse to get a K-3 visa, then you don't have to pay the other $535 for Form I-129F. Also, can I file these forms together or should I file them separately? I want to get my wife a K-3 visa to shorten the time we are apart and even get her work authorisation before we apply for a CR-1.

What is the best way to go about all of this?

I just wanted to verify with someone that this is true as I don't want to just send a check for $535 when I may have to pay $1,070, you know? I'm new to this USA immigration application stuff.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
    To file for K-3 you would file I-130 and I-129F together ($535 for I-130 and the I-129F is free). But K-3 is obsolete; nobody gets K-3s anymore even if they apply for it. It does not shorten the time. Almost certainly she will get an immigrant visa directly.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X