Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from reiligious leader attest. Please Help

HI,

Me and my finance got engaged in sep. 2017 and i filled for my K1 visa. me and her did nto meet at all as my parents did my arranged marrige (shes in pakistan).

but we have been talking and in the 129 form i stated that i couldnt meet because of reilgious reason.

At my job i had to fill out EQIP and in that form i did mention her and when we got engaged i sent an updated SF86 to that security personal as well.

I am getting a letter from a reiligous leader with the chruch letter head. I might be able to get 2 different chruches to write me a letter aruging the religious reason, i also am writing a letter myself and attaching sf-50 to show that the department has known about my finance since forever.

Should i add something more to it to make my case more appealing or would this be enough or should i chnage anything....

Please advise!!!

Habib

You stance that religious reasons forbid you to "meet" before marriage is a questionable one. You earlier said that "dating" was prohibited, but "meeting" is not necessarily "dating."

Since I know many Muslim couples who meet in Dubai, Pakistan, India and Afghanistan, then are successful with K1 procedures, it seems to me that you are avoiding the expense and time to travel to meet your lady in person and disguising your reluctance as "religious." In fairness to your belief, however, you should consider going there and have a religious wedding, but not registered with civil authorities, then proceeding with a K1 petition.

--Ray B

Originally posted by habib1990 View Post
    HI,

Me and my finance got engaged in sep. 2017 and i filled for my K1 visa. me and her did nto meet at all as my parents did my arranged marrige (shes in pakistan).

but we have been talking and in the 129 form i stated that i couldnt meet because of reilgious reason.

At my job i had to fill out EQIP and in that form i did mention her and when we got engaged i sent an updated SF86 to that security personal as well.

I am getting a letter from a reiligous leader with the chruch letter head. I might be able to get 2 different chruches to write me a letter aruging the religious reason, i also am writing a letter myself and attaching sf-50 to show that the department has known about my finance since forever.

Should i add something more to it to make my case more appealing or would this be enough or should i chnage anything....

Please advise!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X