Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form I-130 and Form I-129f Questions

Hello!

I am the American citizen who has recently filed a Form I-130 on behalf of my British spouse who is currently residing in County Cork, Ireland. I originally had planned to send Form I-130 cocurrently with Form I-129F, but because I live in Maine and went through USPS mailing services to file Form I-130, the addresses were different, so I just filed Form I-130 alone. Our case has currently been processing for 41 days according to a USCIS app I have on my phone. I have a few questions regarding our application and visas.

(1) I have read online and been told by a couple others that, although K-3 Nonimmigrant visas from Form I-129fs are still used, they typically are not processed as quickly as Form I-130s are, and are almost virtually obsolete. Plus the filing fee for 'Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status' is pretty expensive. If I were to file a Form I-129f and that is approved before the Form I-130 is, can my wife come over to the US and we can change her visa interview location for Form I-130 from the US consulate in Dublin, Ireland to one of the USCIS locations in Maine (where I currently live)?

(2) How long, on average would you say that it takes for a Form I-130 to be approved? Again, our application has been currently processing for 41 days. I have read online that it typically takes anywhere between 3-8 months, but I have also read 5-12 months, so it's very confusing. Can anyone vouch for which one is accurate and what their experience is?

(3) This is a bit of an unrelated question, but my wife also currently has an ESTA visa waiver associated with her passport, and because I live close to Canada, if she were to come her for 90 days, would travelling to Canada reset her 90-day visa as Canada is part of the British Commonwealth of Nations?

Thank you for any and all help!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X