Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSN for K1 beneficiary

Hi All,

Searched this around, but couldn't fine an answer, so I hope you can shed some light.

My Fiance visited the US 10 years ago. Back then she was here on a J1 visa, and kept her SSN card. Now, on the I-129F Part 2 question 3 there is a section for SSN. Should we fill that information even thought she wasn't in the US for 10 years? Or should it be left blank as the SSN will be different now?
    She doesn't have is the i-94 as it was taken away from her when she departed the US. So I am not sure if these two are related.

Thank you for all your answers.

Originally posted by trewq1x View Post
    Hi All,

Searched this around, but couldn't fine an answer, so I hope you can shed some light.

My Fiance visited the US 10 years ago. Back then she was here on a J1 visa, and kept her SSN card. Now, on the I-129F Part 2 question 3 there is a section for SSN. Should we fill that information even thought she wasn't in the US for 10 years? Or should it be left blank as the SSN will be different now?
    She doesn't have is the i-94 as it was taken away from her when she departed the US. So I am not sure if these two are related.

Thank you for all your answers.
    Yes, she should fill in her SSN. SSNs stay with a person for life regardless of changes in their status.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hi,

Great. Thank you. Do you know what we should do about providing the i-94 if she doesn't have it anymore? She left the US before 2013 which an automated request for it is not possible. Should we get the I-94 form and number somehow? Or if we don't have it, we do not require to write it down?

Thank you again

Comment

Hi,

Great. Thank you. Do you know what we should do about providing the i-94 if she doesn't have it anymore? She left the US before 2013 which an automated request for it is not possible. Should we get the I-94 form and number somehow? Or if we don't have it, we do not require to write it down?

Thank you again
        The form does not ask for an I-94 for someone who is not currently in the US.

Comment

Thanks again.

Another thing that I forgot to ask, on all the supported documents that we are attaching should we both sign and date them or one of us is good as well?

Comment

Thanks again.

Another thing that I forgot to ask, on all the supported documents that we are attaching should we both sign and date them or one of us is good as well?
            You don't need to sign copies of documents. For forms that are filed, only people who are asked to sign need to sign in the spaces provided.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X