Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Fiance Via (K-1) processing time different from one state to another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Fiance Via (K-1) processing time different from one state to another?

We are planning to file for a K-1 (I-129F) Alien Fianc?(e) visa and we were wondering: are processing times any different depending on the state one lives in?

We're specifically interesting in the processing time for the state of New York vs Washington state, but would be interested to know the answer in general as well.

Thank you very much!

The Service Center whose acronym is on your receipt notice is the starting driver: MSC, etc. Otherwise, your Adjustment will be based on available interview slots in your area..

Time frames have been lengthening of late, but we still her classic success stories with applicants getting through the process in 4-6 months.

We know two sisters who originally came on B2 visas several years ago, were on DACA status to stay here, and recently married U.S. citizens. One sister married an Army lieutenant and got her AOS interview in about 4 or 5 months in Kentucky. The other has been waiting for her interview for about a year in Northern California.

--Ray B

Originally posted by winterbeaver View Post
    We are planning to file for a K-1 (I-129F) Alien Fianc?(e) visa and we were wondering: are processing times any different depending on the state one lives in?

We're specifically interesting in the processing time for the state of New York vs Washington state, but would be interested to know the answer in general as well.

Thank you very much!

Comment

RayB, you may have misunderstood the question. The question was whether the I-129F is processed different based on which state the petition originates from.
      The simple answer is no. All I-129F petitions are forwarded to a Lockbox facility and then distributed to various service centers. The i-129F is handled by 4 distinct service centers. Your case will be sent to one of those. And in general, they have comparable processing times.
      --Good luck--
      Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X