Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

Hello, I am new.
    1. I am a US citizen filling forms for my fiancee. On the G-325A form under file # A------am I supposed to write my Permanent resident A # that I used before acquiring the US citizenship? If yes, does same apply for the Applicant's large box, bottom of the box for A#? (On my naturalization certificate, both the certificate # and the (INS) A# appear).

2. In Brazil, the street numbers are reverse from US order (after the St. name). On the G-325A for my fiancee, what order applies for street numbers, the US or Brazil's?
    On the same vein, what should be the order of the names throughout all the documents: Family, First, Middle? as specified on the petition and the bio. info.
    I noticed on your fillable forms " Fiancee's Letters of Intent" that first and middle name came before last name. Can we use this format on other letters or when using attached statements (unless otherwise specified by the official USCIS form itself)?
    Thank you much! Kind regards. JLM.
    Last edited by JeanLouis1; 10-20-2007, 08:14 PM.

1.- Use only your Alien Number. Not the Naturalization Certificate number.

2.- For addresses use the form used in Brazil (as they will mail things to Brazil). For her name use the Name, Middle Name and Last Name format (as used in the US) since that will be used for her documents.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

G-325a A# Re:

Thank you for your prompt reply!
      I understand that it is only the A# since there is no field requiring the Naturalization certificate #.
      I just wanted to make sure that the File number A----on the top right hand corner and the Alien Registration Number at the right of the Appplicant's box with heavy borders are one and the same and that both had to be filled in. Can you confirm?

Thank you! I read through some of the replies throughout the forum
      You provide a great service and your work is greatly appreciated. The whole site is excellent in its info content, up to date, easy to understand, to navigate through and well designed. I am impressed!

Comment

It reads like this: A# 000-000-000
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

A#

Hi Praetrorian,

You mean A00 000 000? A followed by 8 digits. I just checked on the immihelp instructions for G-325A, line 1 A, File #. I don't mean to correct you, I was just confused and am thinking that other people that are new at this might wonder!

Does it matter that my A# and green card was issued to me 40 some years ago when I first entered the US?
          Am I correct? We are talking about the same #.
          Thank you. Have a pleasant day!

Comment

Originally posted by JeanLouis1
            Hi Praetrorian,

You mean A00 000 000? A followed by 8 digits. I just checked on the immihelp instructions for G-325A, line 1 A, File #. I don't mean to correct you, I was just confused and am thinking that other people that are new at this might wonder!

Does it matter that my A# and green card was issued to me 40 some years ago when I first entered the US?
            Am I correct? We are talking about the same #.
            Thank you. Have a pleasant day!
            Yup. Today's Alien Numbers are 9 digits... but back when you got yours were shorter... for as long as it begins with A, you can know it is the Alien Number.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you!
              I appreciate your help.
              As they say things are not the way they used to be!
              Have a nice evening!
              JL.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X