Large age difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large age difference

I am a white US citizen and My fiance is African, there is a 30 yr age diff. I am older. We are currently applying for a fiance visa. What are the chances of him getting the visa with our age diff. He is 30 yrs younger than me.

It depends on your actual ages..

Her (40) and you (70) may be ok...

Her (15) and you (45) is NOT ok...

Either way it will raise eyebrows, but how bad it will be depends on the actual ages.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Seems its the other way round here

She is 70 and he is 40

or

She is 45 and he is 15

Comment

From other cases I have read about, it's going to be a long and difficult journey. African cases are overly scrutinized anyway, without the age difference. A man marrying an American woman 30 years his senior will have a difficult time proving it is a true love relationship rather than a ticket to America. There is a lot a fraud and deception and heartbreak from African fiances, so your case could be delayed at every point in the process. Don't expect an approval within the average timeframes.

Comment

treeeck, legally, it makes no difference, but as you will learn that a process that seems so legal, thorough and long at the CIS end melts down to "nothing more than feelings" at the consulates.

Yes, "there is a lot of fraud and deception and heartbreak", but largely, it's not from African fiancees or American fiances. "African cases are over scrutinized", but not at behest of the DOS or CIS, law or policy, but at the personal discretion of individual consular officials.
          Last edited by Amir; 11-20-2008, 08:05 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X