Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K3 versus CR1, I-129F

Hey everyone.

I entered the US in October as a tourist and I married my American sweetheart (American citizen) in December. We want to stay together so I've been trying to get my head around the process to get a K-3 Visa for some time now and i think I'm getting mixed up. Reading the uscis website i thought the time chart was like this.

1. file I-130
    2. Wait for approval of I-130
    3. Once we the petition gets approved file for the change of status, I-485 including all the necessary affidavits of support (I-864 and in our case I-864A)
    4. Wait for the outcome

Now research on other website mentions the I-129F form which seems to be primarily for fiancees and kids. Where do i place this form in the time chart?

Another option seems to be tot get a Conditional Residency Visa instead of a K-3. What are the benefits of this. A CR does not require an I-129F form? What is the fastest way to get a green card and a work permit?
    Is the time chart the same? And can we do it in our situation?

finally You can file the I-130 and the I-485 at the same time? Does this reduce processing time?

I'd love to be enlightened about any of this, thanks for your help,

W

If you are still inside the US, all you need file is an Adjustment of Status I-485. Hope you waited at least 90 days before getting married because that can have some bearing on intent.

Comment

Well, everthing just got a little more complicated. I probably will not be able to file my I-130/I-485 pakage before my visa waiver runs out. The reason is the medical exam which will take at least two weeks. The red tape on this thing is unbelievable. Not sure what to do now. Does it make a huge difference, filing after you visa waiver deadline?

struggling on,

W

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X