k-1 vs k-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-1 vs k-3

i am an american, living in argentina. i am engaged to my argentine boyfriend. we wish to move to the us. we don't mind wedding here or in the us. does anyone know which is easier to obtain and fastest to get?
    THANKS!
    Last edited by emmamama11; 07-13-2009, 10:01 AM. Reason: misspelled

Hi there Emma,

currently a K1 fiance visa is faster to obtain, although as you are already together and wish to marry, I would go with a K3 visa, it may take longer but it involves less fuss imo...

A k3 would suit you guys better, because you could marry whereever you liked, and you are together.

I think K3's may take a little longer, with a K1, once the visa is granted, your fiance would have 4 months to enter the US and then you must marry within 90 days.

Comment

thanks

Thanks a lot!

One last question....how much less time do you think it'd take???

thanks woo..

Comment

Hi Emma, I agree with Woodger, but it all depends how soon you would like to move to the U.S. K1 visa's are being processed roughly 5-6 months. These are originally faster than the K3, but on the USCIS webpage show the same processing times. But note that they change frequently.

Comment

I'm not sure exactly how much faster the K1 visas are, I'd estimate maybe a month or two quicker at most ?

I think it would make a lot more sense for you guys to go with a K3, at the end of the day you gotts remember that you guys are already together thats the important thing, and you can be together whilst the K3 is processed (same with a K1 but you would have to marry in US)

we poor souls are 1000s of miles away from our fiances with our K1's still pending lol

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X