Interview date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview date

It's been more than 5 weeks since NVC forwarded my case to the US Embassy but i still haven't heard anything from the Embassy and NVC regarding my interview date. Can anyone please tell me what's happening,what to do or how long its gonna take to get an interview date. I need your help my good folks

embassy

have you tried calling the embassy or emailing?

Comment

No i never tried calling or emailing the embassy but i will as soon as possible. But do you know or can predict whats gonna happen when i contact them. Has this kind of delay in given an interview date ever happen to anyone around you.. pls if you could assist me to go further,it would be appreciated.

Comment

interview date

once everything is finished at nvc and forwarded to embassy, that is who you should contact. they should have sent you some info so for your own peace of mind, contact as soon as possible. hope this helps

Comment

I did not wait 5 weeks. I emailed the embassy and they were quick to reply saying that it was already ok for her to schedule an interview date. They had all the information that was sent available for download on their website. My wifes country is known for having a slow postal system.

The packet they had sent arrived to her house just one week before her interview.
          My Fiancee arrived here on a K-1 VISA.
          Conditional GreenCard has been received.

Comment

Well,i have written to them via email and pray they give me a positive responds.

thank u very much jhenson and russell but does any of u have an idea of how to go about schedullin the appointment incase i was told to do so? Thanks

Comment

In our case, as soon as the I-129F was approved, a case number was issued. Once this happens, you call their Toll free number, buy a block of time with a credit card. A PIN will assigned to you and you will use this to call and schedule an appt. You will be asked for the Case number.

Comment

I would suggest everyone provide an email address to the NVC. This would normally be done on the DS-3032 (Choice of Address and Agent). The NVC emailed all correspondence and we received notification of the interview date within days of it being scheduled. I've seen references here to the beneficiary scheduling an interview but, in my case, the NVC set the date (tomorrow) and then informed us of it.

In my experience, the NVC is more responsive than the Embassy. If you must contact the Embassy, I would suggest calling as opposed to emailing. I've not had any luck in getting a response (to email) from the Embassy.

Comment

Originally posted by noughskrilla View Post
                  Well,i have written to them via email and pray they give me a positive responds.

thank u very much jhenson and russell but does any of u have an idea of how to go about schedullin the appointment incase i was told to do so? Thanks
                  Same with us as Bernie31

Our embassy required us to buy a block of time. You could schedule your interview and ask as many questions you wanted until the time was up. My fiancee (now wife) already had her case number. I assume that if you do not have the case number you could use that time to ask for the case number too ( you already paid the time /shrug).

Check your embassies website they probably have instructions their in case you dont recieve your packet in the mail. the NVC might also be able to give you the new number that you need for the interview.

Comment

Aos medical

My wife entered on a k1 fiancee visa on nov 8, 2009. We had to get medical filled out again which cost $270.00 is that the going price.

Comment

Our civil surgeon prices were $240 for the physical and vaccination. $120.00 if you only need the vaccination.

Since my fiancee (now wife) had a physical done a few days before the K-1 VISA interview we skipped the physical and just had the civil surgeon do the vaccination for $120.00 and she did need one vacination and they gave her a TB test.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X