Changes in My Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in My Situation

I've only posted here a couple of times and I'm still at the beginning of this long journey. Recently my situation between myself and my Bolivian fiancee has changed and I would like to know how they might effect or impact my paperwork.

I'm an American solider currently deployed in Lima, Peru. It just so happens that I am working in an office at the American Embassy. I met my Bolivian fiancee, here, while she was vacationing around the Christmas holidays. We lived together for a little over a month and she told me she had to return to Bolivia.

I sent off my I-129F a week ago but last night my fiancee told me that she wants to come back to be with me! I'm excited that we'll be together again but I'm wondering how that might affect the paperwork. I stated on my application that she would apply for her visa at her home consulate in Bolivia but if she's coming back to Peru, how would that work? Is there any way to divert any forwarding paperwork to Lima instead of Bolivia? I have no idea how much time I have until she would have to do her interviews, and what not, but I'm trying to think ahead before she moves back here.

Furthermore, I am only here until mid July and then I am back in the U.S. I want to know what would happen to her if I have to leave to go back to the states before her paperwork is complete? I understand that it's almost impossible to predict how long this process will take--I still haven't received my first notice from USCIS.

In the event that she's able to conduct any future business at the Embassy here in Peru, what documents should she be sure to have in her possession before she leaves Bolivia? She's not planning to come back here for another three or four weeks so I'm trying to make sure that she has everything she needs before she leaves Bolivia.

I know that I've thrown a lot out there but I want to make sure of a few things before we screw up something. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Eric

Eric, i'm just as new to this as you bro. I may not be the one to answer but i figure a tid bit of information here and a tid bit there may add up to a lot of information. So here's my two cents worth.

For the time line if you sent it in a week ago, it shouldn't be too much longer. Might be a bit longer since you sent it out country i'm guessing. I have a timeline of the current events of my K1, maybe that might give you some insight, i just recieved my 2nd NOA yesterday. Does she have family back in boliva that can just forward her mail to your location? As for more details you might wanna ask nicole, she knows everything

Comment

Thanks for your help, bro.

I was thinking that because there's an automated system to update changes of address on the USCIC website, that might help in forwarding any future mail.

I've been tracking my packet through the postal service and it has finally arrived in Vermont. It doesn't look like it's reached the offices there, yet, but it's definitely on it's way.

Yes, I agree, Nicole knows everything!

Eric

Comment

Nichole, Can You Help?

I'm still looking for information regarding my fiancee coming back to Lima to stay with me. I need to know if it's possible to have her paperwork forwarded to the local consulate here in Peru as opposed to Bolivia, (which I listed on the I-129F).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X