K1 Visa - waiver for meeting in person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 Visa - waiver for meeting in person

I am in the western US and my fiance is in Algeria. We met online and have known each other for over 15 months. We communicate by phone, email, webcam and send letters and packages regularly. But we havent met in person yet. We want to apply for a K1 Visa. The directions ask for proof of meeting or a waiver showing it would be a hardship to meet first before he comes here to marry me. Does anyone know what qualifies for proof of hardship for a waiver? It is very expensive to travel here from Algeria (1600). I dont want to apply for the Visa and spend the $455 if we are dont have the right documents we need. There is no detailed information about this on the visa site. Thanks for any help.

I remember it being more of religous or cultural requirments of not meeting your spouse before marriage.

If you cannot afford the flight to visit each other now, how are you going to handle the Affifavit of Support? How about trips back to algeria to visit family?

After the K-VISA the next step is AOS within 90 days of your spouse entering the country and that is another $1010 plus the medical expenses (was $240 for us).
    My Fiancee arrived here on a K-1 VISA.
    Conditional GreenCard has been received.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X