I-129F Question 18 (translation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-129F Question 18 (translation)

My fiancée wrote a summary in Spanish of my trip this year to visit her in Honduras. I will have this translated before I submit with my I-129F packet. Do I need a certification stating this was translated by a certified translator? Do I need to include both copies the Spanish and the English?

Thank you,
    T

Always a good idea even though Spanish is not foreign to this country and thus widely understood.

Comment

Ok I understand translation is best, but does it have to be certified? My fiancée has a bilingual friend who will translate for free but no certification for translation. I have had three quotes and all range from $400 to $700. I'd like to save this money unless this certification is absolutely necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by tkarig View Post
        Ok I understand translation is best, but does it have to be certified? My fiancée has a bilingual friend who will translate for free but no certification for translation. I have had three quotes and all range from $400 to $700. I'd like to save this money unless this certification is absolutely necessary.

Cert is the best and only way to go. They need someone they can trust.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by tkarig View Post

Certified is not needed, as long as its translated and notarized. I had a letter from my fiance that was just translated from Arabic to English. If you are looking for some sort of proof of relationship, send a letter explaining how you met, show phone records, emails or letters. I also sent copies of my stamped passports entering and leaving the country where my fiance is from. I did not have any photos. I was approved within 2 months of them receiving the petition. Good Luck!!!!

Comment

Thank you, that's what I thought but wanted to be sure. I figured legal documents such as birth certificate and police reports would need certified translation. This is just proof of us meeting within the past two years and I can back this up with photos, receipts, airlines boarding passes, and my passport.

Thanks,
            T

Comment

In our case, not to leave any loose ends, we had all her affidavits (3) from her mom, pastor and best friend translated with certification as well.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X