Fiancee moved countries during K-1 process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiancee moved countries during K-1 process

Hi everyone. My fiancee was in India when we started the petition process. She moved to another country for work AFTER the petition was approved by USCIS but BEFORE the NVC received the paperwork, so we couldn't notify them of the address change. The NVC has just finished pre-processing our approved petition. They gave me a case number, and when I tried contacting them to let them know that she is now in another country, they said I must submit proof of residence through their online inquiry form, but they are not sure they will receive the information in time, so there's no guarantee they will send the paperwork to the correct consulate. Has anything like this happened to anyone in the past during the visa process? If you have, can you please advise what you did? We want to make sure they send the paperwork to the right consulate, as to not provide us with any delays in processing and getting the visa approved. Thank you!

That's not a common situation, but it has happened in the past. The proper procedure is to allow the US consulate in Mumbai to receive your paperwork. Once they do, you will email/contact them to say that you want a transfer to some other consulate. They will tell you how to proceed and how long they'll take to transfer the case to another consulate.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X