What should we do at this point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should we do at this point?

We know that this process will take weeks or even months and by then the I-129F will have expired. I have emailed and called my congressmans office but not sure what good that did, they dont really have any authority over USCIS or the consulates but we tried anyway just to see if we could get another interview or to find out what the reasons were for denial so we could work on that and maybe the congress Rep. could expedite the case when it is returned to the US. Any thoughts on this?

When you say Congressman, did you mean your the House of Rep guy? In times past when we have had a sticky INS issue (I'm an immigrant too), I have always called my US Senator's office and have been very pleased with their input and resolutions. So, they do have some pull.

Comment

When I talk about the congressman yes I do mean the US Senator's office which I emailed and called and talked with the rep. for the office and she did not have many ideas and told me that in the past she has requested many times for the consulate to give the couple another interview or even a phone interview with the petitioner on the phone and the beneficiary there at interview. She said they deny her every time but that she would inquire about the case and try to find out the reason for them returning the case back to USCIS. So I don't know how much pull they have because to me that does not sound like alot to me.
      She did say that it was good that I contacted her the next day after the interview before the case was sent back to US. So I'm here waiting to hear from her to see just how much pull she really has. As you put it Also just to add: I contacted the Senstor's office before the interview just to give my consent to inquire about the case because I know this is a high fraud country to go through and she went ahead and inquired to the consulate about the case before the interview and they responeded back but could not give any information as of that date and said they would be able to give more information after the interview. I did not send the information nor did I ask her to investigate before time so I wonder if this had something to do with the denial also

Comment

Not knowing about "high fraud country", the call to the senator's office prior to adjudication at the interview may have ruffled sensitive egos at the consulate.
        Last edited by Bernie31; 05-27-2010, 02:57 AM.

Comment

So should I get an lawyer at this point are should I wait to see when USCIS gets the case back?

Comment

That would be prudent.

Comment

Thanks Bernie for your wizdom

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X