Passport Name Change after Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Name Change after Marriage

My Fiancee and I got married and we filed all of the USA paperwork in her new Married Name... the I-485, I-131, and I-765.

Do we have to change the name on her country of residence passport too?? Will she be able to travel to her country (Peru) and then back to the states under her married name even though her Peruvian Passport still has her married name?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Mike

don't really know the details regarding passports, but this is just my two cents. Regarding which passport she uses to enter which country. Since my wife and I just got married we haven't gone through the name change just yet. Waiting for other paperwork to filter down first. But from what I can remember as a child when I would travel with my mother, depending if she used her Taiwanese Passport or her US passport. The Taiwanese of course had her original name and her US passport she had my father's last name. So do you have to change it? I don't think so, but i think its better to look for more info on the net. Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

Comment

Take a copy of the marriage certificate to show the reason for the name change. Airlines and airport immigration people see those all day long.

Comment

Sydfan, I looked this up also about passports after marriage and it is ok to leave her maiden name on there as Nichole said you just have to carry marriage cert with but if you want to change the name to your married name it can be done through her embassy in the states. I am from Australia and it says I can change my name no problem through embassy but you don't have to .

Comment

To avoid all the possible fuss (showing marriage cert, its translation and not wanting to count on airline awareness) we just got my wife's passport reissued in her married name. No fuss anywhere and we have traveled quite a bit this past year. Safest way to go.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X