refund for k-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refund for k-1

So I sent in my fiance visa app dated 12/2/10 with the fee of $455. but i looked on the site days later and seen that it was updated and the fee went down to $340 effective 11/29/10. will they issue me some kind of refund of the extra amount???

Does that make the fee permantely changed from $455 forever or certain months? Im wondering too.

Comment

they're always changing it so who knows.

Comment

The USCIS fees changed 11-23-2010 and they had published the coming change for a couple of months on their website.

Almost every fee went up. Example: Adjustment of Status + Biometrics went from $1010 to $1070. BUT the fee for the I-129F petition decreased. They review fees about every two years or so.

Concerning the refund question. I don't think they do refunds. Your best hope is they reject your application for incorrect payment and send the whole thing back. Then you can write a new check and return the same packet back like starting over. No need to make changes in the documents unless they list other problems (besides the fee) in the letter they will include.

Comment

Nicole, thanks!
          I would rather have them keep that extra money then and just continue to process it. I don't think I want to lose time and have to resend the whole package.

Comment

fiance visa payment

So it's been two weeks since I sent my paperwork. the post office says it was recieved, but they have not cashed the money order. they did tell me it would take 30 days for the payment and paper work to come back to me. but i wish i knew what was going on. if they did accept it, does anyone know how long it would take to cash the money order?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X