Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance Visa Questions

Hi all,

I hope I am posting in the right place and please redirect me if not, I have a couple questions regarding the Fiance Visa and I'm hoping you all can help me.

Background

I'm a UK born citizen (British Passport) and looking to marry my long term partner who is not from the EU. We are ready to take the next step and currently looking at venues to have our wedding ceremony, I've been looking at the Fiance Visa and the application process.

- Relationship mainly long distance https://vlc.onl/

- Have met in person a few times through holidays (she has come to UK and I have visited her)

- Currently in full time work and my income is £40k+ per annum and savings are also £50k+

- She will be living with me if things are approved and go according to plan

Questions
    1. Should I get legal representation or is the application process relatively straight forward to complete? If so, how much is the average legal fees (ball park figure is fine)
    2. What are the main hiccups/sticking points when applying for Fiance Visa
    3. After marriage how straight forward is switching to a Spouse Visa
    4. Can I ask how much it cost other redditors who have gone through the same process (from application of fiance visa to completion of spouse visa), if it can be broken down that would be helpful but if not, the total sum is also fine.

Thank you for your help
    Last edited by somaikoha; 08-21-2023, 12:41 PM.

While it is not mandatory to have legal representation for the visa application process, some individuals choose to hire an immigration attorney to navigate the complexities of the process and ensure all requirements are met. The decision to hire legal representation depends on your comfort level, understanding of the process, and individual circumstances.
    Last edited by Heregailing; 08-28-2023, 12:18 PM.

Comment

keep in mind that immigration laws and procedures can change over time, so it's always a good idea to consult with a legal professional or visit the official U.S. government immigration website for the most up-to-date and accurate information.

Comment

Please keep in mind that immigration rules and fees can change, so it's essential to check the most up-to-date information on the official UK government website or consult with an immigration attorney for personalized guidance. Additionally, you might find helpful insights from others who have gone through similar processes by exploring online forums or communities where people share their experiences. Best of luck with your visa journey and upcoming wedding!

For example, when I was trying to get a visa to the US I found out that I had to provide additional documents to do so. It was a very interesting experience because I am quite alive and I can prove it. I had to go a long way to prove it so I advise you to be careful when preparing all the documents.
        Last edited by DanMitchell; 10-27-2023, 11:14 AM.

Comment

For me, I think it is not mandatory to have those visas. The better way is to consult legal council about this. Link

Comment

Oh. I forgot my aunt also encountered the same problem as you. She hired an immigration attorney before that really helped her a lot.​

Comment

I hope you can fix it. Thanks.​

Comment

Hello,

My date is nearing very close. I’m worried and stressed. I want to know what will they ask.

If anyone knows, has done or read somewhere. What will they ask https://xender.vip/​ ?

How should I prepare?

Also the only proof I have is pictures… is that enough?

Thank you.
                Last edited by orewa; 06-14-2024, 12:58 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X