Visa Bulletin December 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Bulletin December 2023

Hi, I have been looking at the US Visa Bulletin and for December 2023, it says for all Family Preference Categories please refer to the date for filing chart. The date for the F2A category is 01 Sept 2023 across the board. A priority date on or before this date can file there application although the wait will still be there for a Visa to come along.

I have a priority date of September 2022, should I be nearing a decision to file my paperwork then based on the information on the Visa Bulletin, documentarily qualified.

Am i reading this wrong? any reply appreciated.

Thank you.

Yes, you are reading the Visa Bulletin correctly. If you have a priority date of September 2022, you are now eligible to file your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, even though there is a wait for visas to become available.

The Visa Bulletin is a monthly document published by the U.S. Department of State that shows which immigrant visa categories are currently eligible for visa issuance. The bulletin also includes a date for filing chart, which shows the priority dates for each visa category that are eligible to file an application to adjust status.

The fact that the date for filing for the F2A visa category is 01 Sept 2023 across the board means that all applicants with a priority date on or before this date are eligible to file their Form I-485, even if they are not yet eligible to receive a visa.

Therefore, if you have a priority date of September 2022, you should be nearing a decision to file your paperwork. You should consult with an immigration attorney to discuss your specific case and to ensure that you have all of the necessary documentation.

Here is a summary of the steps involved in filing for adjustment of status:
    1. Gather all of the required documentation. This includes your Form I-485, your passport, your priority date documentation, and other supporting documents.
    2. File your Form I-485 with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
    3. Attend your biometrics appointment.
    4. Attend your interview with a USCIS officer.
    5. Receive your koows decision from USCIS.

If your Form I-485 is approved, you will be granted a green card koows. If your Form I-485 is denied, you may have the option to appeal the decision.

I hope this information is helpful.

Last edited by TulianMayers; 01-24-2024, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Yes, you are reading the Visa Bulletin correctly. ​​

Comment

Originally posted by TulianMayers View Post

Yes, you are reading the Visa Bulletin correctly. If you have a priority date of September 2022, you are now eligible to file your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, even though there is a wait for visas to become available.

The Visa Bulletin is a monthly document published by the U.S. Department of State that shows which immigrant visa categories are currently eligible for visa issuance. The bulletin also includes a date for filing chart, which shows the priority dates for each visa category that are eligible to file an application to adjust status.

The fact that the date for filing for the F2A visa category is 01 Sept 2023 across the board means that all applicants with a priority date on or before this date are eligible to file their Form I-485, even if they are not yet eligible to receive a visa.

Therefore, if you have a priority date of September 2022, you should be nearing a decision to file your paperwork. You should consult with an immigration attorney to discuss your specific case and to ensure that you have all of the necessary documentation.

1. Gather all of the required documentation. This includes your Form I-485, your passport, your priority date documentation, and other supporting documents.
        2. File your Form I-485 with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
        5. Receive your decision from USCIS.

If your Form I-485 is approved, you will be granted a green card. If your Form I-485 is denied, you may have the option to appeal the decision.

Hi, Thanks for the comprehensive reply, very helpful, hopefully ill here something soon to get the ball rolling.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by lilycollins7878 View Post
          Yes, you are reading the Visa Bulletin correctly. snow rider 3d​​
          Hi, thanks for your reply, some progress is welcome👍

Comment

You are correct in your interpretation of the Visa Bulletin. For December 2023, the filing date for the F2A category is 01 September 2023. This means that applicants with a priority date on or before 01 September 2023 may file their adjustment of status applications with USCIS. However, this does not mean that you will receive a green card immediately. There is still a wait time for visas to become available, and the wait time can vary depending on your country of chargeability.

If you have a priority date of September 2022, you are very close to being able to file your adjustment of status application. You should start gathering your paperwork now so that you are ready to file as soon as the final action date for your category becomes current.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
            • The Visa Bulletin is updated monthly, so you should check it regularly to see if the final action date for your category has become current.
            • You can also sign up for email alerts from the Department of State to be notified when the final action date for your category becomes current.
            • You should consult with an immigration attorney to discuss your specific situation and koowspin and echatrandom to make sure that you are eligible to file an adjustment of status application.

I hope this helped.
            Last edited by DempseyTorhan; 02-27-2024, 08:39 AM.

Comment

You are correct. If your priority date is September 2022, you are eligible to file your paperwork now. The Visa Bulletin for December 2023 states that the F2A category is "current," which means that all applicants with a priority date earlier than 01 September 2023 are eligible to file their paperwork.

The fact that there is a wait for a visa to become available does not mean that you should not file your paperwork. Filing your paperwork now will ensure that you are in a position to receive a visa as soon as one becomes available.

Here are the steps you should take to file your paperwork:
              1. Gather the required documents. This includes your passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate (if applicable), and any other relevant documents.
              2. Complete the Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
              3. File the Form I-485 with the United States Citizenship koows and developerbook Immigration Services (USCIS).

You can find more information about filing your paperwork on the USCIS website.

I hope this helps!
              Last edited by SetuaSutli; 03-01-2024, 01:32 AM.

Comment

The waiting time for F2A visas is currently quite long, and it is difficult to predict when you will receive a visa. However, the fact that you are now eligible to file your petition is a good sign that you are moving closer to receiving a visa.

I recommend that you consult with an immigration attorney to discuss your specific situation and to learn more about the visa process. An attorney can help you to ensure that you are eligible for a visa and that your petition is filed correctly.

• The Visa Bulletin is updated every month, so you should check it regularly to see if there are any changes to your eligibility.
                • The waiting times for visas can change unexpectedly, so it is important to be patient.
                • You should continue to maintain your legal status in the US while koows you koows are waiting for a visa.

Last edited by TulianMayers; 12-07-2023, 05:21 AM.

Comment

The waiting time for F2A visas is currently quite long, and it is difficult to predict when you will receive a visa. However, the fact that you are now eligible to file your petition is a good sign that you are moving closer to receiving a visa.

I recommend that you consult with an immigration attorney to discuss your specific situation and to learn more about the visa process. An attorney can help you to ensure that you are eligible for a visa and that your petition is filed correctly.

• The Visa Bulletin is updated every month, so you should check it regularly to see if there are any changes to your eligibility.
                  • The waiting times for visas can change unexpectedly, so it is important to be patient.
                  • You should continue to maintain your legal status in the US while koows you koows are waiting for a visa.

Thanks for you reply. I did see looking back on the F2A visa dates via the Visa Bulletin that it was current in March or April, it then snowballed. The other thing is although I'm at that point to file my documentation and well passed the priority date listed, how long more will that take? several months maybe,there has been no contact yet from the USCIS, however I know i have to wait and that's a big part of it and hopefully that the F2A category will return to current as fast as it dropped back😉

Comment

Originally posted by Caler355 View Post
                    Hi, I have been looking at the US Visa Bulletin and for December 2023, it says for all Family Preference Categories please refer to the date for filing chart. The date for the F2A category is 01 Sept 2023 across the board. A priority on or before this date can file there application although the wait will still be there for a Visa to come along.

I have a priority date of September 2022, should I be nearing a decision to file my paperwork then based on the information on the Visa Bulletin, documentarily qualified.

Am i reading this wrong? any reply appreciated.

Thank you.
                    Thank you for sharing your priority date and the information from the US Visa Bulletin. Based on what you've mentioned, with a priority date of September 2022 and the F2A category's date for filing chart indicating September 1, 2023, you are indeed approaching the point where you can consider filing your paperwork. However, it's essential to thoroughly review the specific requirements and consult with an immigration expert to ensure you have a clear understanding of the process and any potential implications. They will be able to provide you with personalized guidance based on your unique circumstances. Good luck with your visa application!

Comment

The visa bulletin has many changes. Stay tuned for the latest updates for 2024
                      capybara clicker
                      Last edited by stevejobb; 07-10-2024, 10:00 PM.

Comment

retro bowl
                        Originally posted by Caler355 View Post

Thanks for you reply. I did see looking back on the F2A visa dates via the Visa Bulletin that it was current in March or April, it then snowballed. The other thing is although I'm at that point to file my documentation and well passed the priority date listed, how long more will that take? several months maybe,there has been no contact yet from the USCIS, however I know i have to wait and that's a big part of it and hopefully that the F2A category will return to current as fast as it dropped back😉
                        I agree with these comments. This information is very helpful to me.
                        Last edited by Joshua236; 08-15-2024, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SetuaSutli View Post
                          You are correct. If your priority date is September 2022, you are eligible to file your paperwork now. The Visa Bulletin for December 2023 states that the F2A category is "current," which means that all applicants with a priority date earlier than 01 September 2023 are eligible to file their paperwork.

The fact that there is a wait for a visa to become available does not mean that you should not file your paperwork. Filing your paperwork now will ensure that you are in a position to receive a visa as soon as one becomes available
                          Here are the steps you should take to file your paperwork:
                          1. Gather the required documents. This includes your passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate (if applicable), and any other relevant documents.
                          2. Complete the Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
                          3. File the Form I-485 with the United States Citizenship koows and developerbook Immigration Services (USCIS).

You can find more information about filing your paperwork on the USCIS website.

I hope this helps!
                          This is the date that your approved Form I-130 was filed. This date appears on the Form I-797 that USCIS issued to your petitioner when the Form I-130 was approved (refer to the “Receipt Date”).​

Comment

5. Receive your decision from USCIS.

If your Form I-485 is approved, you will be granted a green card. If your Form I-485 is denied, you may have the option to appeal the decision.

You are right in your understanding of the Visa Release. For December 2023, the recording date for the F2A class is 01 September 2023. This implies that candidates with a need date prior to 01 September 2023 may record their change of status applications with USCIS. But this does not guarantee that you will get a green card right away. There is as yet a trust that visas will open up, and the stand by time can fluctuate contingent upon your nation of chargeability.

On the off chance that you have a need date of September 2022, you are exceptionally near having the option to record your change of status application. You ought to begin assembling your desk work now so you are prepared to record when the last activity date for your classification becomes current.

Here are an extra things to remember:
                            The Visa Announcement is refreshed month to month, so you ought to check it routinely to check whether the last activity date for your classification has become current.
                            You can likewise pursue email alarms from the Branch of State to be advised when the last activity date for your classification becomes current.
                            To ensure that you are qualified to submit an application for adjustment of status, you should speak with an immigration attorney about your particular circumstance.​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X