Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will employer know if I-485 was denied through SSN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will employer know if I-485 was denied through SSN?

My background:

I came into the U.S. in early 2010 on a K-2 visa (as a minor child, derivative of my Mother)

- In March 2010, I applied for I-485 (Adjustment of Status/Green Card) along with I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), petitioned by my Mother
    - In April, I was scheduled for an appointment with the USCIS to have my biometrics and pictures taken, which I attended
    - In June 2010, my Employment Authorization was granted, and I received my "work permit" card in the mail, valid for 1 year (until May 2011)
    - 1 week later, I went to Social Security Offices to apply for my SSN, and received my SS card in the mail within 10 days

(Seems to be all going as planned!)

As of July 2010, I received a letter from the USCIS stating that my adjustment of status has been denied, due to reasons that are unclear. They didn't state whether my work permit has also been revoked due to this but that I have the option of filing an appeal - so I hired a lawyer to file for I-290B (Motion to Reopen/Reconsider) to fight for my case which is still currently pending...

In the meantime, I would like to continue to work using my EAD/work permit which says to be until May 2011.

My question is:
    Will a potential employer be able to find out whether my Green Card was denied, by inputting my social security number and alien number (found on my Employment Authorization document) into their system?

In short: do employers have access to that kind of information (case status, etc.) through your SSN and Alien #?

Thank you very much for your help... It is such a pain to be having to deal with this, but I need to know whether it would be possible to continue working while I'm waiting for all of this to be resolved, and as much as possible I do not want to do work "off the books" or "under the table", I want to continue paying taxes and contribute properly whether or not my AOS is accepted in the end. I just want to know that if I was hired by a new company while my case is pending, will they be made aware of all that's going on?

Thank you again!

Duplicate

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X