K1 visa approved, marriage happened in USA, but no sex yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 visa approved, marriage happened in USA, but no sex yet

I know this is very long. Please read it. We need help. We do not know what to do. This is the brother of my sister who does not speak in proper English. So I am posting for her. This is what she has to say:

I came to USA on a K1 visa and got married after 1 month. I met my husband (who is a US citizen) through my brother who found him on shaadi.com website. My husband's parents told me my husband knew Bengali and they advised me if the interview officer asks me about how me and my finance would communicate, then we would communicate in Bengali. When I talked to him over the phone, I understood him a little bit and he seemed to understand. His parents were next to the phone when we talked. So I think they have helped him. My husband emailed me back saying he liked my voice and I was happy.

I got K1 visa approved. came to USA at my future husband's parents' house. My father-in-law started yelling within few days of me staying with them because I did not know English well and was struggling to catch on pretty quick. After knowing the fact that I had bad teeth, my husband's family got mad. When I told them not to proceed with marriage and send me to my own country, they said they would take care of teeth. They said they would fix my teeth because they liked me and they, in general, like to help people, that's what they said. But after fixing the teeth, and knowing that I am very bad in spoken English, my father-in-law started scolding me, yelling at me, screaming at me, calling me 90 year old lady etc. I told them to send me to my own country since I was not good enough. But they would not. They told me you cannot go otherwise you and your brother would go to prison. My mother-in-law made me afraid of sending me to prison in numerous occasions.

Two days before marriage, my husband's family picked up my husband from 3 hours away (I went with them too). When I told that my husband did not drive on his own from his work residence area to our house to my brother, he was shocked. He thought my husband had some problems. I did not say anything because I was married to him and I do not want my husband to be inferior to be anybody.

After I met my husband, we were happy and stuff, talking about all good things. How she cares for me, how she would make me happy etc. He helped me a in correcting my spoken English. Then the marriage happened. My brother came to the marriage. I spent the night with my husband. Sex did not happen the 3 nights we spent together. I was willing to. But for whatever reason, it did not happen. My husband told me that he would take me away from his parents and go live next to where my brother lived.

We dropped off my husband at his work place. Within 2 days, my husband's father started yelling at me again. I wrote an email to my husband that I was hopeless, helpless there. I think my parents, and his brother have access to my husband's email. But they told my brother that my husband showed that email to my in-laws. My in-laws got mad, and started acting violent. This time, it was not only the father-in-law, but also mother-in-law, brother-in-law. My brother-in-law wanted me to clean his toilet and I refused. They started controlling my life, where I would stay in what part of the house, would not let me go to get some water right away because my father-in-law was teaching me. They said they had to abide by the father-in-law because it was his house. They wanted to control my life every way possible.

While at marriage, my brother wanted me to bring me to her place to help with my English when my husband and my mother-in-law would be out of town. But then when he heard what was going on at my in-law's house and my in-laws threatened to have me stay at my brother for a long time, my brother refused because if I stayed with him for a long time, I would miss the adjustment of status interview. After the in-laws said it's okay for her to go to my brother's place, my brother brought me over at his place. My brother helped me with English, introduced me to his friends who liked me. Even though, I was not very good in speaking English, I was able to communicate with them in English. When my husband went to India, me and my husband used to email each other until I told them that I was going to learn from mother-in-law, brother-in-law and my husband only, my husband stopped emailing me. After they came back from USA, my husband emailed my brother saying that my marriage was fraud because they said I came here to see my brother only. My brother emailed them back saying if I wanted to see my brother, I would come to my brother's house, rather than their house. But I came to their house. They saw me for 1 month and communicated over phone, internet for over a year and then got me married and now they are trying to destroy my life here.

When I went back to my father-in-law's house, it was good for one day till my father-in-law started scolding at me again. Now my husband is here. They are dictating how much I talk to my husband, how much I spend time with him. They always listen to what I say. My husband does not defend me. He emailed my brother saying I was not good looking enough, I was not smart enough etc even though when he talks to my brother over the phone he says he is okay with me. He cannot defend me because he is under his father. His father supports him since he quit his job and all that and he lives under his dad's house. But what is the marriage for? My husband was supposed to help me. But he does not. I feel like I am going to die if I live with this group of people. However, if I go back after my parents in my country told all our relatives, and friends that I have been married to, my life would be ruined. I do not know what to do. Please help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X